Help needed with Safewatch Pro 3000

Old 08-19-12, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help needed with Safewatch Pro 3000

Dear friends I am new in the forum and I need your help: we were overseas for 2 years and when we return back we decided to reset our ADT Safewatch Pro 300 alarm. We didn't remember the installer or the master code so we pressed simultaneously # and * as someone suggested in the forum. The alarm was activated and the siren was buzzing for around 20 min! It was impossible to stop it! After lots of efforts I managed to deactivate it by pressing 1/READY and OFF at the same time. Now in the screen it says: 99/95 BYPASS. FIRE/ALARM and AC. Here are my questions:

a) How can I deactivate completely the siren?

b) How can I reset the master code or recover the installer code without triggering the alarm?

I want to program the alarm system from the scratch without having to pay anyone.

Thank you for your support.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-12, 02:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
I think you forgot the step of removing AC and battery power, _then_ pressing * + # within 50 seconds of restoring AC power.

If you do that, once you extract your installer code and exit programming, you should be disarmed and you can use the installer code to set a new master code.

Do you have manuals?

Old 08-20-12, 10:20 AM
I downloaded the manual from internet. How can I remove AC and battery power? I din't find anything in the manual...

Old 08-20-12, 05:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Unplug the wire off of the negative terminal on the battery. Then either trip the breaker for the outlet that the system is plugged into, or unplug the transformer, or remove the wire from the first terminal on the motheboard (it's 16VAC so it's safe, just don't short it against anything...).

Old 08-24-12, 11:41 PM
How to power down your system:

1. First locate the 3*3" transformer its usually a beige or creamish color (w/ in 10 to 15' of the metal cabinet box that houses all your components.

2. Once the transformer is located unscrew the screw and unplug it from the electrical outlet.

3. Proceed to open up the metal cabinet box (either secured w/ 2 screws more than likely a key) d/c the red and black wires from the black battery its either a 12v 4ah to a 12v7ah.

4. Then follow mrronfl's steps to reset the master and installer code just be sure when you exit programming use *99 never *97