Status Alert: phone failure

Old 09-01-12, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Status Alert: phone failure

I have an ITI (?Concord Express) security system installed. This system has been unmonitered for about 4 years now. This past week the system smoke detector began beeping (it needed a new battery) and then I started receiving: Press Status Alerts for a problem of "Phone Failure". Since this system is not monitered and I do not use it, how can I disable the system or at least stop the beeping permanently? Currently checking the alert stops the beeping for about 4 or so hours, but does not solve the beeping. I did try tried reducing the volume but see no lowering of the beep volume as a result.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-12, 05:16 PM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
Disabling the system completely is easy. Within the main control panel, the box with all the wires, not the keypad, disconnect one, or both battery leads and then disconnect the AC power. AC is supplied by a "wall wart" low-voltage supply that may have a screw holding it in the receptacle. Alternatively you can disconnect one, or both of the low-voltage wires at the control panel. These are usually the first two wires connected on left end of the terminal strip.

Old 09-03-12, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You need the installer code to fix the problem...do you know it?