Ademco 6150RF and case of the dropout keyfobs- any ideas?

Old 09-03-12, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco 6150RF and case of the dropout keyfobs- any ideas?

Here's hoping someone can help with what seems to be a bizarre problem. I have an Ademco Vista 15P, two door sensors and two motion detectors, all hardwired, all in seperate zones (zones 02 through 05). Installed it myself, and it's been working for years in its hardwired configuration. I've gotten tired of my unsightly wires running upstairs and down hallways in my condo, so I decided to go wireless by adding a 6150RF. I also ordered two keyfobs, Honeywell 5834's. I have three Ademco wireless door/window sensors but they are not yet in the equation; I want to solve my keyfob issue (described below) first before I attempt to replace my hardwired sensors.

Got the second panel addressed at 17 (the first is at 16) and set the *190 setting in the vista to match, and I have both panels talking to the box, no problem. (First panel is a plain 6150.) I use NextAlarm for VoIP monitoring and the service is seeing all four existing hardwired sensors. Here's my problem: I used auto-enroll to enroll both keyfobs, and they consistently work... for about ten minutes. After that, neither keyfob works. But if I power down the 6150RF then power it back up, the keyfobs both work again... for a consistent ten minutes or so, after which time they both stop working. Power down the 6150RF and power it back up, the keyfobs work for ten minutes. I can repeat this process ad nauseum with the same consistent yet exasperating results. Any ideas?

thanks for any suggestions,
Ed Jones

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-12, 01:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
Did you enroll the keyfobs in the 6150RF keypad as "Local"?

What are the settings you have the 6150RF configured for?

Old 09-05-12, 05:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wasn't "Local", that did it, thanks!!!

Thank you much MrRonFL, the 6150RF was set to "System" and not "Local" intentionally; I suspecct I misread that chart on the second page of the install instructions for the 6150RF where they tell you whether to set ithe house ID source as System or Local depending on your model of Vista and whether you've used so many wireless keys or not. At any rate I changed it to "Local" and the keyfobs are now working as expected. Thanks again!
Ed Jones