HELP with my beeping GE NX-8V2 system!!

Old 09-07-12, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HELP with my beeping GE NX-8V2 system!!

I recently bought my house, which came with the GENX8V2 installed and seemingly operating. The installation guide was left for me. The previous owner seems to have taken her medical wireless with her, and my system constantly beeps at me, stating "system not ready". When i press *2 for help, it tells me zone 7 "panic" has been lost. The paperwork left for me lists zone 7 as the medical wireless.

I was left with the 4 number arm/disarm code, but not the master code. The system beeps at me throughout the day, approximately every 60 seconds, until I enter the 4 digit disarm code. There is no pattern to when the system will start beeping (at first I thought it was every 8 hours, but now it has started around 3am, or 6am...) and I am at my wit's end.

I tried calling GE for help, but the automated system told me they cannot help with "homeowner" products, and directed me to a local service rep--closest one is 35 miles away. I haven't even signed up for an alarm service yet, and would be happy just disabling the whole thing.

Can I just start disconnecting wires and hope for the best? I'd rather not; I think my smoke detectors are hooked up and I don't want to make it all worse than it is.

HELP!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-12, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You need the installer code to get into program and delete that medical panic device out of the system to take care of the problem. Do you have an alphanumeric keypdad on the system? If you know the installer code, this will make life easier It can be done with an LED keypad, but you will need hand-holding to do it!

Default installer code is 9713...
Let us know if you have an LED or alpha keypad and we can walk you through checking to see if the code is 9713 or not...

Another long shot solution is with the download software...is your sytem hooked up to an analogue phone line? If so, an alarm company could call into your system and fix the problem...