Rollins system6

Old 09-15-12, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rollins system6

I have a old Rollins system 6 that has been off for awhile I have replaced all the battery's and I am getting a trouble code c5 does any one know how I can get it back up without getting a monitering company

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-12, 08:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
These are long discontinued systems and are modified versions of the ITI-SXV system: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/UTC/...n%20Manual.pdf

The C5 is actually CS for Checksum. It means that the system was off long enough that the programming is completely wiped out. All you can do is reprogram the thing from scratch (newer panels don't lose programming this way, the program is contained in non-volatile memory).

Old 09-16-12, 12:01 AM
Rollins VI security system

I'm struggling with the same issue. I question whether the programming has been totally wiped out though. After reading all the posts on this and another forum about the ITI SX-V systems (Rollins VI is a modified ITI SX-V), it seems that many people were able to restore their system by programming the sensors back in. I have not restored my system yet because I'm still digesting the information in the installer's manual. It's important to make sure you have the right version of the ITI SX-V manual because there are variations depending on the date of production and they all say "ITI SX-V" so it took me a while to locate the correct manual. You can look at the panel wiring diagram in the manual and check to make sure it matches the layout of your panel--then you'll know you have the right instructions for programming. Don't worry about the layout of the keypad--that's not so important. Good luck. If you get yours system to work let me know exactly what you did and I'll do the same for you.

Old 10-16-12, 12:48 PM
I've re-Read the manuel for Rollins System ( 5 ) and need Rollins For Dummy on how to reprogram my Master Control Unit. It is currently in the ( P ) program mode. The Master Control unit is not acknowlegdeing the System Security Code ( 1234 ) or ( Example new House Code of 137 )( I do not see (H ) the house code ) it will not Beep, I've tried a few times. I am using my old Hand held key pads ( own 2 ) to enter the numbers. I was sucessful in trying to install all the old sensor by the ( Status Button ) then the Digit 05 and then the (Status ) button plus all the old sensor numbers individually., All the Pre-Set Code are displaying in the Window (# 40 ) This must be an area ( square Footage for the coverage of my home ) This is a list of the numbers pre-programed 40-77-80-81-82-83-86-91-92-94-95-96-97- I tried to test each Key pad numbers ( but I do not get any Beeps ( for any numbers--Thanks<email address removed by moderator>

Last edited by MrRonFL; 10-16-12 at 08:37 PM. Reason: removal of email address per forum policy
Old 10-16-12, 08:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
The only guidance that I can offer, is that the house code in the system and the house code for the transmitters has to be the same.