Ademco Vista-20P - Comm Failure

Old 09-16-12, 09:50 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco Vista-20P - Comm Failure

I have been remodeling for a while, and in the process, installed an alarm system, door contacts, motion sensor, siren, etc.

During this time (mainly because I don't trust myself or my wife to make mistakes with the new alarm) we have NOT connected a dialer and are NOT being monitored.

The problem I'm having is that two weeks ago, we had an area power outage for about two hours. When the power came back on, the alarm panel displayed "COMM FAILURE" and I cannot figure out how to get rid of it. I understand the purpose of it, but what I don't understand is why it never displayed this message BEFORE, considering we've NEVER been connected. Maybe I got rid of it before and can't remember how I did it? I checked the manual, and the only solution is has is CALL FOR SERVICE.

I've tried entering my CODE+OFF twice as I would to clear an alarm, but it's not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-16-12, 11:52 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
I would guess that you may have entered something into the phone number locations (*41 and/or *42). Just delete anything you have in those locations, and the dialer will quit trying to dial out.

Old 09-18-12, 05:48 PM
C
That seems to have done the trick. Thanks much!

Old 11-22-14, 08:05 PM
T
Cool Worked for me also

Thank you for posting this. I was having the same issue on a new installation. I am using network comm module & never even went into the Code *41 or *42 but when I went in and cleared it out the "Comm. Failure" went away. Leads me to believe there must have been some parameters in there to start.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: