Where to disconnect Safewatch 3000 from Home Phone Lines?

Old 09-19-12, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where to disconnect Safewatch 3000 from Home Phone Lines?

I have a Safewatch Pro 3000 and a Telguard Digital TG-4 Cell Dialer.

Our 50's home phone wiring was causing problems with our phone and subsequently our alarm monitoring. It was determined by the our provider that a fault exists somewhere in our house.

We have since set up our home phone service through our internet provider connected directly to a wireless base station bypassing our home wiring.

Our Alarm system is still connected to the home phone wiring and we have been called by ADT that they are receiving a supervisory message/code and would gladly send someone out.
The TG-4 System Status LED #2 flashes 3x indicating a LFC Line Fault.

I have looked at the FAQ's and read the thread instructing how to disable the dialer but I believe I need to remove the fault(home wiring) from the equation first.

I want to disconnect the home lines from the ADT system, where is the best place to do that? At the ADT/Honeywell box? or the area under the floor where they spliced the home lines w/an ADT line?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-12, 04:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
If you are not going to use land line communication, even with your digital adaptor, then just unplug the phone line from the jack in or near the alarm enclosure box with the battery and motherboard.

To make the trouble go away, you have to go into system programming and enter the following to disable the hardwire dialer:

[installer code] + 8 + 00
*41*
*42*

That said; it sounds like you have an atypical installation with the TG-4 configured as a backup dialer. If you are wanting to continue using ADT for monitoring, this is one of those rare instances where I actually do recommend having their the techs fix your configuration. With the TG-4 in the mix, there are other settings and configurations that you, as a DIY can't really fix.