Honeywell 5894PI will not reset after motion detected

Old 09-20-12, 07:01 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell 5894PI will not reset after motion detected

Having trouble with a 5894PI on a Vista-20P 9.12. With the system disarmed if the sensor is tripped the keypad will sound a rapid beep. The keypad reads Check 20 and the fault will not return to ready status. Enroling the sensor seems to go fine. This zone is RF only, Input type is 3 RF supervized, I can detect the serial or manually enter it makes no difference, It's set to loop 1, the confirmation matches. Initially the panel reads ready. After motion detect i can not clear the CHECK 20 message without entering the program menu or full power down. Is this a bad sensor?

Old 09-20-12, 12:14 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Assuming that the battery cover is properly in place, my gut tells me it either has nearly dead batteries, or it's simply a bad transmitter.

Old 09-20-12, 12:49 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It has new batteries. I've checked the tamper switch and it seems ok. From what I read with the cover off it simply acts as in test mode. It does the same thing with the cover on or off. I tried it on another panel and receiver with the same result. I was just concerned I was missing some subtle detail. thanks I'll order another sensor and try it again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: