DSC 1500 reset to factory

Old 09-23-12, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question DSC 1500 reset to factory

Hi,

I saw some posts regarding DSC 1500 but I am still confused how to reset a lockout DSC 1500. Please help me.

Situation:
I have a DSC 1500 alarm at home. I tried to change my passcode but I found out I do NOT have the master code/ installer code. I tried some standard codes (like 1234, 1500, 1550) but no luck.

I have also done the panel testing and I found it's lockout. (my test procedure: power down the system completely (unplug the transformer and battery), then plug just the transformer back in - if you hear 10 clicks of the phone relay in the control panel, then it's locked-out.)

As a result, my alarm is lockout and i dont have the master/installer code.

ASK for RECOMMENATION:
Is there a way to reset it?

Honestly, all I want is the master code so I can change the passcode. Will jumping the EEPROM resetting the master code even though not changing the installer code?

Thanks very much. I was stuck for a week and finally found this website...

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-12, 02:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Using the hardware default wipes out _everything_except_ the installer code if the lockout feature was set.

This procedure may help:
"DSC PC1500/1550 Installer lockout removal (note: this only works on PC1500/1550 and not all models of those):
To reset the Installer's code to 1500:
1. With power on, short default pins and type * 8 0000
2. Remove short from default pins and press 91 to remove the lockout.
3. Press 20, then 1500, then press # #."

This has a chance of clearing the lockout without wiping the rest of the programming, but usually it clears everything (only a small subset of later models would do the easy reset).

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz27KPOI94A

Old 09-23-12, 04:22 PM
Hi

I have couple more questions to ask.

1. When you said " short default pin" at step 1, do you mean the 2 pins of EEPROM?

2. When you said "Using the hardware default wipes out _everything_except_ the installer code if the lockout feature was set" , does it mean that I cannot use the alarm system anymore? Since I need the installer code to re-program the alarm after wipe out, I cannot re-program if I don't have a known installer code.

Thanks for your quick reaponse

Old 09-23-12, 05:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It means that if the previous installer turned on the installer lockout feature; if you try to use the hardware default as described in the installer manual, all of the system programming will return to the factory default settings, with the exception of the installer code.

Installer manual: http://www.walkerhomesecurity.com/ho...04755_r001.pdf

If you use the trick I linked from the FAQ, it can override the installer lockout and let you reset the installer code to the factory default. Just realize that it doesn't work on all versions of this alarm control (no, I don't know which specific ones don't work).

Old 09-23-12, 06:31 PM
I think i Got it. thanks.

And for the " short default pin" at step 1 you mentioned, do you mean the 2 pins of EEPROM?

Old 09-23-12, 08:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, it's the pins labled EEPROM reset on the board diagram in the back of the manual.

Old 09-24-12, 01:23 AM
I have tried both the hardware default and the lockout override. The lockout override was unsuccessful but the hardware default was fine. So I have everything reset except the installer code now.

Can I try to reprogram the zones without the installer code? Is it alarm system reprogrammable with the master code only?

Thanks again!

Old 09-24-12, 03:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
In a word, NO. You have to have an installer code to access installer programming.

Old 09-25-12, 11:54 PM
I have just got a 2nd hand DSC 1500 from my friend with the default installer code.
Now I am reprogramming the system.

The purpose of my alarm is just to "beep" when the door/windows open after armed. I do NOT need to connect to phone or call any number.

My zone:
1. main door
2. back door
3. living room motion
4. hallway motion
5. living windows
6. kitchen windows

I went through this forum again and found out 2 basic programmings to make my alarm work.

1. disable the communicator and turn the eol back off: 12 1 5 (you will see the corresponding LEDs turn on). Press #.
2. Correct your zones: 11 xx xx xx xx xx xx (xx being the 2 digit code for the zone type for each of your zones.)
Press # until you exit programming.

Can I ask if I need to do other reprogramming for my alarm other than the 2 above?

Thanks again for your help and it's much appreciated.

Old 09-26-12, 03:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
For use as a local system, that's all you really need.

Old 09-27-12, 10:57 PM
Thanks for your help so far, MrRonFL.

I have connected my friend panel (DSC 1500) exactly the same way as before. It is 100% same since I labelled each connection before re-wiring.

Then, I did the 2 programmings (12 and 11). The ready light is on and the alarm should be ready to go.

However, the buzzer and bell are not working..... When I arming the panel, the armed is on steadily instantly without any buzzer. There should be 30 seconds exit delay with the noise of buzzer, but the alarm does not buzzer.

The bell does not work as well. The alarm does not ring when I open the windows after armed.

Do I miss any programming?

Thanks so much!

Old 09-28-12, 04:09 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Some early versions of the PC1500 did not have the audible exit delay feature. Which version did you get? (it's on the main IC chip in the middle of the board)

If you have one of the later models, in programming location 34 turn on option 1 & 4.

You may need to set the exit delay shorter. The default exit delay on one of these is 120 seconds (that's right, 2 minutes). The entry and exit delays are set in programming location 18.

Old 09-28-12, 11:05 AM
Thanks! Now I have the audible exit /entrance delay feauture with the buzzer. So the buzzer problem solved.
I also turned on the door chime by press *6 [master code] 6.

However, the bell/siren is still NOT working... I tested the alarm by arming the alarm, then waited 120 sec, then opened the window. The keypad light of the zone 5 (window) was turned off as red and buzzer turned out. So I assume it's working. But I did not hear the sound of bell/siren at all.

Is it a possible programming problem? or hardware issue?

thanks once again!!

Old 09-28-12, 02:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Trip the alarm. If you have 12VDC present at the siren terminals, then you have a bad siren.

Old 09-30-12, 12:25 AM
For the Siren, it's still not working. I tried to arm and wait for 3 mins and then trip the window. The keypad has a solid red light for the window zone, so I think the sensors are working. But I did not hear the bell ring.

Can you help me more on these:
1. How can I test the siren directly from the panel? 12VDC?
2. If siren is not working, how do I replace it?

Thanks very much again!!

Old 09-30-12, 05:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Disconnect the siren wires from the motherboard, and connect them directly to the battery. If the siren is good, it will make noise. This is just basic troubleshooting logic.