Programming Honeywell Lynx Plus

Old 09-24-12, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Programming Honeywell Lynx Plus

I have central monitoring with a company and they installed the Honeywell Lynx Plus system with a number of wireless sensors and a single keyfob.

I bought an additional keyfob as well as a 80lb Pet Immune sensor and wanted to add them to my system. I was looking through here and found a great post on how to do this. The problem is, I can't seem to get into the installer mode.

According to the documentation, I would enter 4112 + 800 , then go into the programming section (*56 for keyfob). When I enter 4112800 , nothing happens.

So there was another method that says you should press * + # within 50 seconds of bootup. I went ahead and pulled the power on the panel and within 10 seconds I pressed * + # at the same time. Once the system came up, it actually called out to the central system because they programmed * + # to call the police. (the panel came up as 99 Alarm)

My question is, did I try to enter installer mode correctly? Or did they lock the system with *98 (which prevents you from going back in with installer code)?

Did I also try to do the alternate method to get back into installer by pressing * + #? Is there something I should look for on the panel that would indicate when I should press those buttons?

The alarm company wants a tech to come out and install the devices, which would run me about $200 and the whole purpose of buying these devices myself was to save money

Thanks!
Jeff

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-12, 08:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
I suspect that you forgot to disconnect the battery before you tried to do the power-up trick.

Here, a manual might help: [HR][/HR]http://intellahome.com/alarmpdfs/lynxplusinstall.pdf

Old 09-25-12, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wow, I feel silly! I really didn't even realize there was a battery backup. Thanks for the heads up. The alarm company wound up charging me $25 to add the additional keyfob remotely, much better than paying $175 to get one from them