Going Crazy w/ BEEPING NOISE

Old 09-29-12, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Alarm Beeping noise

My system just started beeping and beeping every minute or so. It beeps and beeps and beeps and is driving us (my dog and I) crazy. I don't understand. It beeps for a long while on and off and then it will just stop for a while.. "whew" relief... Then just starts up again. I have tried different things I have read and nothing works. Can anyone suggest anything that might help?? I have called Safe Touch and nothing is working, just pending a service call I guess. I have a American Ranger PC1555. Please help! It will really s**k to have to watch football here tomorrow with this disturbance. (sports bar here we come) Female football lover!!
Thank you

Last edited by JaxJags; 09-29-12 at 10:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-12, 11:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
That sounds like failing system battery behavior. What is displayed when you press *2?

Old 09-30-12, 10:07 AM
does not have an LCD panel

Old 09-30-12, 12:16 PM
American Ranger PC1555 (frustrating) "Beeping Noise"

My system just started beeping and beeping every minute or so. It beeps and beeps and beeps and is driving us (my dog and I) crazy.
I don't understand. It beeps for a long while on and off and then it will just stop for a while.. "whew" relief... Then just starts up again. I have tried different things I have read and nothing works. Can anyone suggest anything that might help?? There is no LCD panel and I have called Safe Touch and nothing is working, just pending a service call I guess. I have a American Ranger PC1555. Please help! It will really s**k to have to watch football here tomorrow with this disturbance. (sports bar here we come) Female football lover!!
Thank you

Old 09-30-12, 12:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
The trouble display works just fine on a LED model keypad. Look in section 3 of this manual: http://www.mainelectronics.com/pdf/PC1555Install.pdf

It will tell you how to use the keypad to interpret the system trouble. My bet's on either low battery, or telephone line.