ADT Sytem Help

Old 10-08-12, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Sytem Help

Hello. I hope everyone is doing well today. I need a little help with my ADT system. My system is no longer being monitored. I have only cellular backup, the Teleguard TG-4, and nothing else. I have the Safewatch Pro 3000 system with the Vista 20-P keypad. I know the installer code and such.

I have 8 zones with the 8th zone being designated as "Cell Trouble." Now that my system is no longer monitored by ADT I am getting the "FC" code for that zone. I just bypass 08 to use the system. I would like to remove the Teleguard from the system all together. What is the best course of action to take for this? I appreciate the help. If necessary I can include a picture of the wiring done in the system wiring box.

Ken

I just read a post by Ron for removing a zone from the system, "The fast and dirty, no programming method is to remove the zone wiring from the zone input and replace it with a 2000 ohm resistor from zone to zone common. "

Does this mean just replace where the wiring was going with a resistor, like a jumper?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-12, 03:17 PM
I tried jumping the resistor across where I thought it was supposed to go. Since I have disconnected the cell unit I now get a 12 and 107 check on the display.

Old 10-08-12, 07:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Check 107 is a hardwired zone expander. Could you have possibly dislodged one to the data (keypad bus) wires going to the hardwired zone expander that it seems that you have?

Old 10-08-12, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the reply. I took a pic of the board that is in inside of my ADT box. Here is a link to the image, http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...0/IMAG0297.jpg

Old 10-08-12, 09:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
How many keypads do you have? If you only have one, then the second set of wires attached to the keyboard connections is most likely to the zone expander board (which can be remotely located in it's own little plastic enclosure).

Here's a manual: http://www.alarmeengros.com/installation15P.pdf

It's easier if you have the fundamental information about the Vista 20p/SW 3000 wiring and display info.

Old 10-08-12, 11:48 PM
I have one keypad. On the picture 4-7 have two sets of wires. One set goes to a black 4 pin connector, http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...0/IMAG0300.jpg This was not plugged into anything. Unless it is hiding very well somewhere, I don't know of any zone expander board in the system.

Old 10-09-12, 04:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
In that case, whatever was plugged into that connector is the expander that the system is looking for.

How long have you had this system? This sounds like a situation where you have bought a home that already had this hardware in place.

Old 10-09-12, 09:51 AM
Hi. I had the system installed about 9 years ago. That cable has always been hanging there. I didn't disconnect it from anything. Could it be something the installer or ADT tech may have use or use? At this point I have the Teleguard cell unit disconnected from the system. When I go into the keypad and get to the point where I enter *56, it doesn't go into the routine of asking what zone to delete, it shows random numbers.

Old 10-09-12, 03:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What keypad model do you have?

If you don't have a 2-line alpha, like a 6139 or a 6160, then you cannot see the prompts for menu mode programming (like zone programming). If you attempted to change zone settings without being able to see the prompts, then you may have accidentally told the system to look for a non-existant zone; which is one of the things that will produce exactly the trouble you are seeing.

Old 10-09-12, 08:24 PM
Oh boy, I probably messed something up bad. haha. My keypad says K5954/M6969 on the door. So I guess I may have to do some programming?

Old 10-10-12, 03:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Actually, those numbers are the part numbers for the plastic housing. The keypad model number is on the circuit board (and on the _back_ of the housing). If you only see two digit numbers for the zones, then you have a fixed alpha keypad, which _cannot_be_used_for_zone_programming_.

Old 10-10-12, 10:50 AM
I don't have a 2 line alpha keypad. I'm guessing I should upgrade to the 2 line pad and do some reprogramming. Here is a pic of the keypad I have. IMAG0301.jpg picture by renken70 - Photobucket

Old 10-12-12, 08:08 PM
Bump for -- What should I do next?

Old 10-12-12, 08:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You basically answered your own question. Get a programming keypad, and I would just start over by defaulting the system. That way you eliminate all of the previous programming, and any accidental glitches you may have introduced.

If all you have is the hardwired zones, it's really not that tough, but you do need the correct keypad.