Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electronic Home Security Systems, Alarms and Devices
Reload this Page >

Napco burglar alarm Mag 1000 dealer Key code. Cannot have anyone else monitor it

Napco burglar alarm Mag 1000 dealer Key code. Cannot have anyone else monitor it

Old 10-08-12, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Napco burglar alarm Mag 1000 dealer Key code. Cannot have anyone else monitor it

I cannot reset, nor can any other alarm company monitor my Napco Mag. 1000 series. It is dealer locked, no mater any of the normal codes to get in, it won't allow it. Company out of business> Napco states, one of the features that is not good when changing companies and to always get it up front. Now I have a wonderful system that I cannot have monitored with anyone else accept for the company that bought out the other dealer and they don't have the code, so if it does not work, they have to sell me a new one. Calling Napco this is true. I see others have had this problem, did anyone find a solotion besides having to buy a new system?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-12, 07:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
This is the only useful info that's been offered on this subject:

"Napco MA1000/1008E system default (many thanks to MrMister)

The steps:

1) Power down.
2) Take a jumper from neg aux and apply to 5th pin from top right end of microprocessor.
3) Power up
4) Hold-down button '8' for 2-3 seconds, and press 456789 (default dealer code)
5) By now, you should be in dealer programming mode
6) Remove the short : the wire as at step 2
7) You should now be able to access the dealer program.

For recent revisions of the 1000e you may need to jumper
from IC pin 25 to terminal 5 on the terminal strip, instead of pin 5 on the IC chip. Otherwise, follow the same directions."

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz28lBkDT2F

I've never tried it. Napco hardware is pretty uncommon in my region.

Old 10-08-12, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Napco answers

Thanks for your suggestion, yes it would seem to work the same way, problem is, dealer code, 4 5 6 7 8 9 does not work, seems as though the dealers for this product was able to lock it up, I have had people come here and say, "try calling someone with the same system and have them find out there "dealer code".
It is terrible to lock this market up so one is forced to stay with one company, also if the company is sold and anything needs to be changed, the new company (my case) does not have that code, as it picked up so many types of systes in the "buy out". Next is I put a loud speaker outside the house and now I will probably monotor it myself to my cell phone. I can call the police as easy as service would. (one would hope), just thoughts.

Old 10-08-12, 08:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Most likely, what they did was disable local programming access altogether by using the downloader software. Basically, they "bricked" it.

As much as it stinks, junk the alarm control and keypads and start over with something a little more DIY friendly, like Ademco, DSC, Networx, etc. You can _try_ replacing the motherboard with another Napco, but I will warn you that their programming and configuration is a little convoluted, and I don't recommend it for novice installers.