GE Touch screen won't chime

Old 09-01-12, 11:51 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE Touch screen won't chime

I have recently purchased and installed a Simon XTi wireless alarm system. I love the system and the fact that I can make changes w/o paying for service calls. With the stystem I got the GE Talking touch screen (60-924-rf-ts). My intent was to have the main panel at the garage end of the house where we come and go and the TS by our bedside at the other end of house. That has not worked out as there is about a 50 foot limit on range for the TS. I will deal with that another way. My question involves the Chime. When I installed the system the TS mimicked the main panel and would beep twice when a door was opened. Now after finishing my additions to the system I no longer have any beep from the TS. The main panel – yes. “Chime” is set to on for both units. The support team where I purchased the product says I have to program the main panel under Sirens to have it go “Ding dong”. That does work but I would swear that it did used to sound a beep just like the main panel when first installed. Am I losing it folks?

Old 10-11-12, 09:29 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I've got the same problem, the touchscreen used to beep 2 times when I open exterior doors but now it only chime when I set the voice to "soft door bell", no more beep beep for the touchscreen.

I change the group of touchscreen to either 00 and 01 and it's still the same, only the main panel give me 2 beeps. any thought how to fix this?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: