Ameritech Security Link Vista 15P Red Armed Light

Old 10-13-12, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ameritech Security Link Vista 15P Red Armed Light

I got a panel from a guy down the street which is a Vista 15p panel with a SecurityLink Ameritech keypad (model might be 4109???). When I plug in the transformer the keypad beeps and the red armed light is solid. Nothing appears on the display. The keys beep when pressed but nothing appears on the screen. I've also tried the * # combination within 50 seconds but doesn't seem to have any effect. Is it possible this is locked by Ameritech and won't work? Can it be unlocked?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-12, 07:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 510 Votes on 480 Posts
Ameritech is an Ademco product as is the Vista 15P panel. So that keypad may or may not be compatible with that panel. The keypad connects to the panel with four wires. Is that what you have done ? The panel being locked has nothing to do with the display. If the panel was locked the display would still read. That Vista panel may need a programming change done to recognize that keypad. Without the exact model of your keypad, I can't help you any further. MrRonfl....the forum mod might be able to shed more light on this matter.

Old 10-14-12, 10:32 AM
Yes, I connected the four wires according to a manual I had. Now not sure the manual matches the keypad. Since I have a Vista 15p should I buy a 6150 and try that first?

Old 10-14-12, 11:32 AM
Group Moderator
Received 510 Votes on 480 Posts
Are you sure it's a working panel ? It would be a shame to buy a new keypad and then find out the panel has an issue.

Old 10-14-12, 03:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Where did you get the part number? Most Ademco design keypads have the model number on a label on the back of the housing, and stenciled on the edge of the circuit board. Any other numbers are the part numbers for the plastic housings.

When you power it up, try pressing 1 + 3 at the same time. It's possible that this keypad isn't set to a working keypad address. 16 _always_ works.

Try these instructions to see if you can get a working keypad address set:
http://site.geoarm.com/pdfs/Honeywel...tall-guide.pdf

Old 10-15-12, 10:09 AM
Thanks, I will try 1+3 when I get home today. How would I know if it was a working panel? Any quick tests?

Old 10-15-12, 01:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
There'll be something displayed on the LCD when you press 1 + 3 withing 30 seconds of applying power if it's a working keypad.