Safewatch Pro 3000, 2 partitions & user codes

Old 10-17-12, 05:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Safewatch Pro 3000, 2 partitions & user codes

We have an alarm system with 2 Safewatch Pro 3000 keypads; the main one in the house and the other, set as Partition 2, in the detached garage. The one in the garage is to deal with the garage only and the house one is to control the house (though I realize that each can be accessed through the other). This way activating/deactivating one building would not do it automatically to the other building.

I have several neighbours who look after the house when we are gone and I want to set unique user codes for each of them. I accomplished this just fine in the house panel using users 04, 05 etc. I went to do the same thing in the panel in the garage and using users 34, 35 etc. but it would not let me set them using the same codes.

ADT says that different users cannot have the same code and each neighbour would then have to have 2 different codes; one for the house and one for the garage (albeit with different user numbers but the friends would not need to worry about user numbers). I wanted that each person could access each panel and only have to remember one code each.

Suggestions? Is this possible?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-12, 08:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Sometimes ADT tech support is ill-informed...

Look on page 29 of the User manual: http://www.adt.com/wps/wcm/connect/7...98bd91c25fc420

You can assign any user code to access multiple partitions.