Need Help_Garage/Shed Alarm Circuit w/siren

Old 10-29-12, 08:38 AM
Q
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need Help_Garage/Shed Alarm Circuit w/siren

Can anyone help me out with a circuit for a garage/shed alarm. I'm looking to use a magnetic door switch and having the alarm go off as long as it is enabled. I would like the alarm to go off until the alarm is disabled at the board. Are there any circuits online I can look at or has someone done this? I was thinking of using a really loud siren, probably 110VAC. My parents are having big problems of people breaking into their polebarn. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 10-29-12, 11:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 384 Votes on 340 Posts
Do they have an alarm system in their home? What little bit I know about alarm systems is from installing/using the one I have. To protect my shop, I ran wire from the house system to the shop. I have door switches plus one motion sensor. It arms and disarms from the control panel in the house.

I'm sure there will be more/better info to follow

Old 10-29-12, 01:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,419 Votes on 1,312 Posts
Do you have 120v in the garage/shed ? Do you want something that just sounds a loud device at the point of entry ? A basic alarm might be something like a key switch on the outside of the building controlling a relay that was activated by a magnetic door switch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: