Need help replacing 5816 sensor with 5820L on Vista 20P. Also adding a 5834-2

Old 12-09-12, 07:51 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Need help replacing 5816 sensor with 5820L on Vista 20P. Also adding a 5834-2

Hi, I am remodeling my kitchen and need to replace bulky 5816 window sensor with 5820. Can someone guide me through with programming sequence ? Also I need to add a 5834-2 key transmitter to my Vista 20P system.

So far I have gathered following info:

Enter 4112 800 ( To start)
Press *56 (To enter Programming)
Press 1 ( To confirm)
Enter 19 (This is the window sensor needs replacemnt)

How do I delete current 5816 and add 5820 info ????

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-09-12, 09:30 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Which keypad do you have? If you don't have a 6160 (or equivalent), you can't see the menus that it takes to do this.

(If your keypad only displays 2-digit zone numbers, you have the wrong keypad).

Installer manual: http://www.alarmeengros.com/installation15P.pdf

Read the section on *56 programming and let us know what part's you are having trouble following.

Old 12-10-12, 02:52 PM
I
Hi , I have two regular and one Alpha keypad. My master keypad is the regular one. I read the programming document and here what I came up with. Please correct me if I am wrong.

4112800 ( To get in Programming mode)
Press 0 and then Press*
Press *
Enter 19 (This one needs to replaces 5816 to 5820)
Enter 00 ( to set the zone type not used)
Enter 19 Press*
Summary screen Press*
Enter 3 Press* (My window type is perimeter)
Partition 1 Press*
RC 01 00 Press*
Input Type 3 Press* (For serial number transmitted along with loop 1)
Serial Number Press*
Summary Screen Press*
XMIT to confirm Press*
*99 (To end programming)

Old 12-10-12, 03:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Close. You have the right idea, but the wrong sequence. You don't have to change the zone type. You can change the transmitter without changing all the other programming.

First you * through the menus until you get to the serial number and loop number prompt. Change the loop number to 0 and then it will give you the prompt to delete the serial number.

Then you step through til you get back to the zone number prompt select the same zone again and this time, when you get to the serial and loop number prompt, you enroll the new device.

All that said, this new transmitter is a multi loop device. If the one you are trying to delete is in the middle of a set of existing zones, you'll want to put the new transmitter at the end of the existing zone numbers so that the 4 new consecutive zones you are creating have room. You can always program the old 5816 for a different purpose, or simply zero out that existing zone.

Old 12-10-12, 04:45 PM
I
Would you be kind enough to write down for me the correct sequence to take out 5816 (zone 19) and add 5820L to the same zone ?

I will appreciate your help. I have never done this. ADT wants $155 to do this.

Old 11-30-14, 05:21 PM
A
I am having a similar problem to "interfaceman". I currently have a Vista 20p with 6160RF key pads and wireless 5820L contacts on my windows. One contact seems to be faulty as it keeps requiring me to change my battery every couple of weeks, while my others don't have that problem. I bought a new 5820L and simply wanted to replace it. I followed the steps in the previous response and seem to have registered the contact, but when I open the window, the panel doesn't seem to register it as open and I can still arm my house.

Below are the exact steps I followed, and maybe you can help point out where I might have gone wrong.

Entered in 4112800
Pressed *
Entered 38* (as this was the zone that needed replacing)
I saw the summary screen and then pressed *
ensured the zone type was 03 for perimeter and pressed *
ensured RF transittor and pressed 3*
I then saw the serial number of the existing wireless sensor
Pressed 0 for the loop (previously showing 1) and this wiped out the current serial number
I then tripped the new sensor and it automatically pre-populated the serial and loop (although I noticed the loop now was 4 when it was 1 on the previous sensor)
I then kept pressing * until showing the next sensor 39
pressed 00 to quit
pressed *99 to exit.

Please help, I have spent hours on this and cant find my mistake!

Thanks in advance

Allan

Old 11-30-14, 05:49 PM
J
When the serial number populated automatically with loop 4, you need to set the loop back to 1 assuming the serial number is correct. The loop 4 I believe is the tamper and not the contact part of the device. If you opened the case to auto enroll then this is why it set it to loop 4 rather than the loop for the contact part.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: