ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 zone issue

Old 01-24-13, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 zone issue

Hi there,

Last night my alarm system bipping constantly, displaying "Check 06F". I bought the house with that alarm system, and i m a noob with that. I just try to turn off the sound, i and my wife could not sleep during 2 hours ... Finaly we found a partial solution, to turn off bipping, but still display "check 06F".

I know i have a zone called 06 (Windows at the 2nd floor), but i have no 06F ... i m not sure that's important ...

I tried to open and close the windows, but it takes 5 minutes to bip again and again ... I don t understand at all what s going on ...

I don t know how to remove that, i don t want to call someone to fix that problem, i m pretty sure that will be so expensive ... That s why i need your help.

I know only how to turn on and turn off the system (personnal code with 4 digits), but i don't know anything else how does it works ...

I have no warranty, no contract with ADT, i m pretty lost

thanks upfront for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-13, 06:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Could that be "bF"? If so it means that your system may have had a cell dialer that is no longer connecting with it's service.

Old 01-24-13, 08:57 PM
Oh thanks for your quick reply. You re right, it displays bF !! And not 6F !

When we bought the house, we bought without ADT service. However, i know, the previous owner get ADT service with. How to know which cell is supposed to be disconnected ? Where and how to check that and finaly fix it ?

Thanks upfront.

Old 01-25-13, 04:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Your system, by the way, is just a slightly modified Vista 20p, so that's the installer manual you want to search for.

Somewhere near the metal enclosure with the motherboard and system battery, there's a smaller plastic enclosure with wires that connect to the motherboard.

Inside, it has it's own battery and power connections.

Once it's been powered down, you have to go into programming to tell the system to stop looking for it.

[installer code] + 8 + 00
*29 0
*99 to exit programming

The standard ADT installer code is fairly commonly posted online. We can't post it on these forums, because they object to the forum sponsor. Just search using the phrase "ADT Installer code".

Old 01-25-13, 09:08 AM
MrRonFL,

first of all i would like to say thanks you. I try to follow your procedure asap, i think i just found the default installer code ... Finger crossed !

I hope everything will be find.

Curiosity time : What s that box is used for ? Is it a communication system between ADT and house or Police and the house ? I imagine everything works fine after remove the connection right ? Maybe useless for me, because i have no contract with ADT, right ?

Thanks again for all. I will keep you in touch.

Old 01-25-13, 11:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's a cellular communicator, and it's basically locked to ADT. There _is_ a way for another dealer to "take over" such a unit, but generally, for a DIY it's pretty much a non-starter.

Old 01-27-13, 08:51 PM
MrRonFL,

i m not able to find the correct Installer code, i would like to know if you could reach me by e-mail to explain to me how to get this code ? I m very frustrated, i have find one code on the web, but it s not the good one .... my e-mail is quasartone[at]gmail.com

I appreciate your help, thanks so much.

Old 01-28-13, 03:41 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.
Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz2JGWjTm70

Old 01-30-13, 01:40 PM
I will try that tip asap.

Thanks so much !

Old 02-23-13, 11:41 AM
Everything is done and works perfectly now. Thanks soooo much for your help !!