FBII xl-31 has trouble getting the kiss-off signal

Old 01-31-13, 06:54 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
FBII xl-31 has trouble getting the kiss-off signal

I have just changed from broadband dsl to cable phone and internet. I tested my security system and the monitoring company gets the alarm signal correctly, but I can't get my phone line back for a long time. It has trouble with the kiss-off signal. The cable company has been here twice and says the trouble is in my security system. What do I look for? Thanks

Old 02-06-13, 06:39 AM
Geno... sorry to latch on here, but would you happen to have the installer/user manuals for your XL31? I've got the same system in a house I just purchased and need to confirm a few things but they owners didn't have anything.

Thanks for whatever you can provide.

Old 02-06-13, 04:00 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The manuals (FBII XL-31 installer manual - Google Search) are actually fairly easy to come by.

For the other problem, older panels like this often have trouble connecting with cable derived digital "phones". Different phone adaptor models do a better job of emulating a phone line than others, and older models are more picky about the line quality.

One thing to double check. When you switched from a phone/DSL to the cable adaptor, did you have the alarm wiring corrected so that the line from the dialtone source comes into the alarm first so that the line seizure works correctly?

Old 02-07-13, 05:24 AM
G

Thanks for the reply. Yes I still have the manual, but we found that the panel had several issues and just had a new system installed..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: