DSC 1555 won't arm

Old 02-05-13, 01:45 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC 1555 won't arm

Just installed a DSC 1555 and the system will not arm. I have worked out the usual issues when installing an alarm that I usually have:

* I defaulted the panel, established the master code as well as a new user code.

* I set the zone definitions to match what I have (4 zones)

* I turned off the communicator (not monitored yet)

* I turned off the phone line voltage monitor

* I disabled the resistor requirement for the zones

* I reset the internal clock

I have a ready light and 'NO' system light. I can arm the system where the armed light apprears, BUT it does not arm! I can disarm, no problem. My
bell functions on test.

Anyone have any thoughts?

THANKS in advance!!

John

Old 02-05-13, 06:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
How long are you waiting to test? If you defaulted the system, the arming delay defaults back to the factory setting, which is 120 sec (which is a _long_ delay).

Old 02-06-13, 06:47 AM
M
Thanks for responding...probably 30 minutes. I re-programmed the unit before I tried anything. One thing I forgot to state is I never get a zone fault if I open a door or a window. If i remove a zone from the panel, then it goes red, but not before. The ready light just shines green all the time. When I arm the system either by entering my user code or pressing a programmed key such as '1', the system arms, but really doesn't. I am perplexed Mr. Ron...

Old 02-06-13, 11:58 AM
M
MrRon...i figured out my issue. i had two zones doubled up and as soon as i separated those and did some minor reprograming...bingo, everything works. i do appreciate you speedy response!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: