Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electronic Home Security Systems, Alarms and Devices
Reload this Page >

danger alert code to secretly tell monitoring service you have a robber with you

danger alert code to secretly tell monitoring service you have a robber with you

Old 02-10-13, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

What is the fake alarm code that you enter that would tell the monitoring service you have a burglar with you who is forcing you to disarm your system.

I read about a lady who pulled into her driveway and a burglar jumped out and made her dis-arm her system. Fortunately she had a fake alarm code to enter that told her monitoring station that there was a bad guy with her.

I want to shop this feature but I dont know what it is called.

Thanks,

Lolly

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-13, 09:11 AM
Group Moderator
Received 375 Votes on 352 Posts
It's called a duress code. In the systems I deal with you add 1 to your code.

If your code was 1 2 3 4 ..... you would enter 1 2 3 5 for a duress/panic situation

Old 02-10-13, 11:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
It varies by system brand and model. The "old school" way is the code + 1 trick. Most newer systems have a specific user code that can be programmed for duress code sending, and can be any code.