Resetting master code if alarm is set (Safewatch 3000)

Old 02-11-13, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Resetting master code if alarm is set (Safewatch 3000)

I moved in to a house which has an ADT 3000 system and no master code was left. the system was unplugged however when I pluged it in it goes to Armed and I can't un arm it since I don't have a master code. There has to be a way to reset this so I can creat a new code and use this without having ADT come out and set up with monitoring. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-13, 10:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
It's a modified Vista 20p. (http://www.alarmeengros.com/installation15P.pdf)

From the FAQ sticky:
Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.
Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz2Kc3KzYlY

When you do this, 90% of the time the system will be disarmed once you exit programming. Then you can use the installer code to set a new master user code (don't try to use the installer code to arm/disarm).

Old 02-11-13, 01:52 PM
That work! but now I have a Message light flashing, how do you retrive the message?

Old 02-11-13, 03:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Look on page 7 of the user manual: http://www.westminstersecurity.com/m...ista15_20P.pdf

The play command is #03. I doubt the message is anything useful to you. It's just a voice recorder.

Old 02-20-13, 08:47 AM
Removing device

Sir, it appears that a motion detector is missing from this system because I get a messge "check Foyer motion dectector 15" but there is no foyer dector in the house. is there a way to remove it from the system so it does not check for that detector?

Any help is appriciated, you have been very helpful so far and your recommendations right on target.

--Ross

Old 02-21-13, 03:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Read through the *56 instructions for how to remove a wireless device, and let us know what parts you have trouble following.