Ademco Vista Series 20P/15P - Rapid Beeping

Old 02-17-13, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hi,

We have an Ademco Vista Series 20P/15P (according to the Honeywell User Manual). For the past 1 month, there is a rapid beeping sound coming from the keypad with the message bF and FC on the display screen. The rapid beeping comes on few times a day, sometimes at 2am or 3am! Additional information on our system:

(1) Does not have monitoring system with ADT anymore
(2) Used to be connected to ADT monitoring system via cellular (not too sure of the term but it's not via phone landline)

I've read through the threads in this forum but none have exactly the same problem as mine (most of the threads have some Batt error message but mine doesn't have). Currently, we are turning the sound off by pressing the * key but it's only a temporary fix and the sound is very annoying especially in the early hours of the morning. Any advice to get rid of the beeping sound is greatly appreciated.

If you need further information, please let me know. Thank you so much!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-13, 03:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
The BF and FC means that the cellular dialer is no longer connecting to the monitoring receiver.
First you will need to get into programming and retrieve the installer code:

Installer manual: http://www.alarmeengros.com/installation15P.pdf

Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz2LFKiFeyH

Once you are in programming enter the following: *41* *42* *29 0 & *94*
This deletes all of the dialer phone numbers and tells the system to stop looking for the cellular dialer.

In addition, you will need to disconnect the wiring connecting the cell dialer to the alarm control. Once that's done the system will work normally as a local only system.

(No, the cell dialer cannot be programmed to call a cell phone...)

Old 02-18-13, 09:04 PM

Thank you, MrRonFL. I'll do as per your instructions and report back.

Old 03-23-13, 12:49 PM
Hi,

We tried it this morning. However, the * + # did not work for us. On our keypad, it's the panic alarm and the alarm goes off whenever we pressed both the keys at the same time. I look into the installation manual provided by Mr RonFL and found another way to do it. We use [Installer code (4-1-1-2)] + 8 0 0 and it seems to work. So far, no more beeping but I'll give it a day to see if it did truly work.

Mr RonFL: We don't know how to disconnect the cell dialer. Is this a mandatory step? If it is, where is the cell dialer located and how does it look like?

Thanks!

Old 03-24-13, 06:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
The cellular dialer is a smaller, plastic enclosure that's connected to the motherboard by a 4 conductor wire, just like a keypad. It may or may not, depending on which model, have it's own battery and power supply plug in.

It's possible that the hardware had already been removed, but the V20P programming was not corrected. But yes, disconnecting the hardware is generally mandatory.