Question About Newly Installed Vista 20

Old 02-26-13, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question About Newly Installed Vista 20

The builders of our new home installed a wireless Honeywell Vista 20. I have used this forum to do some trouble shooting, and with the help of the installer, have the system up and running.

When the installer came out to fix the entry and exit delay, he was able to arm and disarm the system to test it, without our Master Code, which I changed prior to his arrival.

I would like to confirm that the Installer Code can only be used to disarm the system if the Installer Code was used to arm it in the first place. I wanted to make sure because I don't like the idea of anyone being able to disarm the system with the Installer Code when it was armed with our Master Code. Additionally, did the system automatically delete the old Master Code when I changed it?

Thanks in advance for your help, and I apologize if these questions have been asked before - I have searched around, but only have limited time due to my schedule. I look forward to using the expertise on this forum in the future

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-13, 03:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
That is correct. If the system is armed by _any_ other method; user code, quick arm, keyfob, etc, then the installer code _cannot_ disarm it.

Normally we have so many people who have been using the installer code to arm/disarm, then accidentally arm it with the quick arm and get stuck...

Old 03-08-13, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.