Ademco Lynx Plus - Periodic Test Report not sending

Old 03-03-13, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco Lynx Plus - Periodic Test Report not sending

In the past I had a Lynx -R and a Lynx-EN - both panels would perform the periodic test report just fine.

I recently upgraded to two Lynx Plus panels. Both communicate fine to the central station on an alarm condition.

The clock is set on the panels.

I set both panels for periodic test report using:
*51 1 (periodic test report every 24 hours)
*52 1 (First test report offset 6 hours)
*64 1,0 (Test report code the 1 says report - I have also tried 1,5 - no luck)

I had a 'pro' check my settings and he said they are correct. So it ...should... work - unless - maybe there is a defect in the panel firmware?

The periodic test report is not being sent on either panel. Any ideas?

Also - would anyone out there have a Lynx Plus and be able to try this out on their panel to see if they can get it to work?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-13, 10:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
If you have verified all of your settings, I strongly suspect that your problem may be at the "other end of the wire". A fault of this nature would we well known in the alarm industry for as common a model as this.

Some central station's have their software configured so that things like automatic tests (contact ID code 602) get shunted into a log, and don't show on the active screen that the operators see.

The ideal would be if you could listen in with a butt set when the call is due to go out.

Old 03-03-13, 11:05 AM
The central station does show the periodic test report signals when they come in (and report on simsweb when the test reports are not coming in on schedule). The periodic test report reports do show up for both existing Lynx-R and Lynx-EN panels.

Problem is - as soon as I connect the Lynx Plus panel - the periodic test reports no longer appear for it. The Lynx Plus panel does report correctly on alarm conditions. By the way I have tried this on two Lynx Plus panels and got the same result - no report going out. Both panels were 'defaulted' when i first set them up.

That is a good suggestion to monitor the phone line when the periodic test report call is supposed to occur. I can try watching the phone line when the panel is next due to call in and see if the phone line is being siezed at that point in time.

I would be really interested if anyone else has a Lynx Plus panel and has periodic test reporting working on it. Then i would know it is feasable on that panel. (Meaning I would hate to find out at the end of the day that there is a bug in all Lynx Plus panels for periodic test report.

Old 03-03-13, 12:47 PM
Further info. I checked my simsweb log from back when I had the Lynx-EN panel connected and see it was reporting the 602 code: 6020000 XTS Test - UPLINK So the central station does show that code when it comes in.

Also I had a fellow login and look in the panel logfile and it shows the panel periodic test report reporting daily - trouble is - nothing shows up on my simsweb log from the central station.

I did a test just now (installer code 5) - and got 6071001 TST Walk-Test Mode on the simsweb - which shows the panel is set to report and does report - that is everything except the periodic test report that it says it reports!!

So tonight I should know more when I watch the panel at the periodic test report time and see what it does. I will also call the central station to see if they show anything on their end that I don't see on my simsweb end.

Old 03-03-13, 09:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
With the information you are providing, it looks like you are _sending_ the test, and they are recieving the test, but they aren't _showing_ the test on the interface that you are viewing it from.

This is definitely a "their end of the wire" problem...

Old 03-04-13, 07:33 AM
Well, the solution has been found. And I am blushing!!

It was a RTDM problem (Read the DAM* manual). I had set *49 single/dual reporting to a value of 2 -All except open/close and TEST to primary and open/close TEST to secondary - but I had no phone # in secondary. The fix was to change *49 to a 0 - All reports to primary.

I will look for a hole to crawl into now. Thanks for the tips.

Old 03-04-13, 10:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Didn't think to tell you to check that one, since it's generally a default setting. Glad it worked out...