Disarm RAD 7412GV2 from access control panel

Old 03-05-13, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Disarm RAD 7412GV2 from access control panel

We are the monitoring and service provider for a customer with a 7412GV2 Burg panel. Additionally, they have a Lenel access control system from another vendor. Our client is requestiong that we connect to the other vendor's provided relay to disarm the alarm system upon a valid card swipe. I understand how to do this with Honeywell panels, but am admitedly a Radionics novice. Does anyone have any exerience in setting something like this up?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-13, 03:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
It would be a key switch input. Some of the Bosch/Radionic models have a dedicated keyswitch input point. I'm afraid I'm not much of a Radionic person, but here's a link to the installer manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Radi...n%20Manual.pdf

Typically, you have to set up a latching relay so that every swipe of the cards don't keep toggling the alarm's arming state.

Old 03-06-13, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will be working on the radionics panel tomorrow. I did see that there was a point type of disarm only, that was typically used with the radionics easy key access control panel. I was hoping to not have to program an octorelay, but we'll see.

Old 03-18-13, 05:33 PM
Just an update, I was able to use point index 19 (easikey) to disarm upon card swipe--this was surprisingly simple