Newly installed Tuxedo touch

Old 03-29-13, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Newly installed Tuxedo touch

I just recently installed the Tuxedo touch to my system and so far it works excellent,the next step is purchasing a GSM cellular communicator.I installed the tuxedo at my main entrance,relocated the 6160 to my living room,I still wanted to keep that in the system for programming.What's the recommended GSM communicator I should purchase? Current equipment,Vista 20psia board with 5882H receiver,1 ad12612 auxillary power supply,1 tuxedo touch keypad,1 6160 keypad,1 6139 keypad,1 5804 keyfob,12 5816 wireless transmitters,4 5808 wireless smoke detectors,4 PIR hardwired motion detectors,2 4204 relay modules,2 wave 2 sirens,and 2 hardwired magnetic switches.I currently have it set up to call my cell phone as a pager and I had the Tuxedo touch set up with port forwarding to remotly control the system but I turned it off because I didn't trust leaving my router open to the public.

Last edited by Dodgeman70; 03-29-13 at 06:39 AM. Reason: adding more
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-13, 02:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
If you want the GSM to fully integrate with the system, then the ones made by Honeywell (GSMX4G) are what you want. You have to subscribe through some form of dealer with these.

There are a handful of cellular dialers that don't require a dealer to configure, but they tend to be relatively expensive.

Old 03-29-13, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The ones you recommended are probably what I will go with,I plan on having this system professionally monitored once I have everything set up.Thank you and have a good holiday!