GE Simon XT and X10 for a legit newbie

Old 03-31-13, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Simon XT and X10 for a legit newbie

Hey all. I've been reading all of the posts on how to use X10 lighting products with my Simon XT. Most of the pots seem to be beyond my expertise level but I gather I need to get an older Simon 3 transformer as well as X10 devices. I just need a little clarification (that I couldnt gather from all the other posts). Please help spell it out for me.

1. I have the latest XT and I know a need a different transformer. Will this one work and will it still power my system (running a touchscreen, too)
GE Security 60-913 Simon 3 Line Carrier Transformer Provides Primary Power to the Panel- Required for X10 Capability, UL Listed | GE Security

2. I'm only looking for using a few simple lights for X10. Will these devices work?
X10 Socketrocket Screw in Lamp Module Model LM15A RLM20 NIB | eBay

X10 LM465 Powerhouse Lamp Module New | eBay

3. If I get this new transformer and the X10 modules, how do my XT know which is which and how do I control them?

Any help is appreciated for a newbie who first learned about x10 this week lol. I read through as many previous threads as I could and like I said, it was like reading something in another language.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-13, 07:15 PM
I must first warn you that you are taking a step back to around 1995 with the X-10 technology....If you have your mind set on it...I would google "X-10 troubles" or something similar to see what you are getting into. UTC/GE has not tested X-10 on the Simon XT and makes no guarantees that it will work...The touchscreen has it's own transformer so no worries there. The transformer above should work for the main panel since you won't be using Alarm.Com

As for the other devices working...who knows? In theory they should...but after googling the above search, you should have some ideas of the pitfalls of x-10...

The panel can control x-10 devices 1-8....

Old 04-01-13, 08:31 PM
Thanks! Yea I dont want to pay for a GSM module and service. So I'll try my luck.

Will X-10s work with an XTi? Thinking of getting one for the parents and am curious.

Thanks again!

Old 04-01-13, 09:07 PM
UTC/GE has not tested X-10 on the Simon XT and makes no guarantees that it will work

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz2PGuOcIAg