Safewatch Pro 2000 Battery Ding

Old 04-03-13, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Safewatch Pro 2000 Battery Ding

Hello! We knocked down some walls and had to reroute/connect/disconnect the sensor wiring for a Safewatch Pro 2000. It took a few months, and the battery was out that long. So, I finally finished, stuck it back in, connected everything, and it's working good...except for the battery is not charged so the System Lo Batt keeps "ding" ing.

1) With the battery out for a few months, how long does it take for the system to recharge it? (I don't know how discharged it is.)

2) Should I pull it out, take it to Advance Auto and get them to charge it, and then stick it back in?

3) Since the system is charging it (but it is not at full charge), I think I can turn off the ding by turning off the chime, but then that also turns off the chime from the doors opening. Is there a way to turn off just the battery chime while it is charging?

I appreciate any help!

Respectfully,

Leaning

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-13, 09:51 PM
Group Moderator
Received 375 Votes on 352 Posts
"Bat" or "System Lo Bat" with no numbers following means the main system battery.
"Bat" or "Lo Bat" followed by 00 is the keypad battery
"Bat" or "Lo Bat" followed by two numbers means a transmitter battery in that zone is bad.

You can silence the touchpad’s warning tones by pressing the OFF key.......or your code + OFF.

That should be a 12 volt 4 ah sealed lead acid battery (NP4-12) in your panel. If it's more then three years old it should be replaced. I don't think Advance Auto would try to charge it..... nor would I recommend they try it.

Old 04-03-13, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PJmax,

Thanks for the reply! The system is all-wired, so there are no transmitters/sensors that have batteries. I don't think the keyboard has a battery either. It is powered off the terminals in the big circuit board box.

And the battery is definitely older than three years, but I don't want to buy a new one if this one still has some life in it.

I was trying to silence the System Batt Lo warning tone while keeping the door open tone. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Leaning

Old 04-03-13, 10:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 375 Votes on 352 Posts
Yes.....I posted how to do it above. Code + OFF (This is a trouble tone ...different from the door chime)

Your door chime is Code + CHIME ..... correct ?

I change sometimes twenty alarm system batteries in a week. When the battery is marginal I change it. Shop around online.....that battery is fairly inexpensive.

Old 04-04-13, 04:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
lif

Trouble beeps are independent of the door chime. Turning off the chime function will not affect it. As stated above, [code] + off (1) is how you silence trouble beeps.

The normal life for an alarm system battery is 3-5 years. Anything past that is borrowed time. They are about 20-25 dollars at places like Batteries + or Battery Source.