deleting a zone on an ADT-branded SCW9057

Old 04-04-13, 01:16 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question deleting a zone on an ADT-branded SCW9057

Hi, I'm trying to remove two wireless zones (14, 15) from my ADT alarm system. The top of the keypad identifies it as a model SCW9057.

I read the FAQ and found the manual for this model online here and I found a thread here that details how to do it for another (similar) ADT system, but when I key in the *8-installer code, I trip the alarm and get a call from ADT about my system going off.

What am I doing wrong?

Old 04-04-13, 05:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Which installer code are you using. The default DSC code generally won't work on an ADT branded system. Websearch using the phrase "ADT installer code" and try that one.

It's possible that they turned on an anti-tamper feature.

Old 04-04-13, 10:40 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i found an installer code and using it with *8 brings up the menu but the red 'armed' lock on the pad lights up. about a minute later i get a call from ADT.

there's also an installer code in the manual that i linked but i haven't tried that one.

Old 04-05-13, 03:03 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The armed light turning on is normal. That's when it's waiting for the programming location to be input.
ADT programmed the panel to dial out when programming is accessed (see programming location 347). Either put your account on test and do what you need to do, or just unplug the phone jack until you are done working on it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: