factory reset NX8V2

Old 04-14-13, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question factory reset NX8V2

I currently have a NX8e but I have to update it to an NX8V2 in order to use a piece of monitoring equipment.
I have a NX8V2 panel along with a bunch of other goodies I plan to put into the house while I'm at it.
The problem is that I don't know the codes for the NX8V2.
It's currently disarmed and only complaining about it's clock on my test bench.
I have a 584 HA module so I can talk to it serially and I have DL900 V4 on a laptop.
(I tried V3 as well but it complained about signal level??, windows 7 BTW)
When I try to connect with the panel, it thinks it's a R128.. (Aussie 8v2?) and when I reset the customer to R128 it complains about not being able to get any params.
"Error Reading data from module 0.....83"
None of the parts have been together before (NX8V2, 148RF keypad, or NX584E)

I did manage to accidentally arm it but just as luckily managed to disarm it (code 9999 is a valid user code it seems)

It's label reads:
NX-8-V2 V1.02 74A2
SSO#208036627
ST#02 SQ#0088
PASS 13:27 01-28-05

How can I do a total factory reset of the panel? I don't care about anything inside it, just want it squeaky clean so I can begin programming it for my home.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-13, 07:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
You _should_ be able to get DL-900 to connect with a serial interface, but I've never tried it with Win 7. I know that a lot of these system programming software packages don't work well with windows 7, because some of the specific hardware calls they use are blocked by the software.

Try running in XP compatibility mode, but you may need to bite the bullet and get a NX-588e.

Old 04-18-13, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ok, for the lazy: I have a working panel now.
For those wanting to know how:
Windows 7 played a part in this but only a small part. To get version 3 of DL900 working, enable compatibility mode (XP SP3)
My bigger problem was with the new 584. It had never been mated to a panel and didn't want to talk with it.
The first step was to link the 584 with an NX8 I had laying around and setting all the options so the 584 can program the panel. Then I was able to hook it back to the NX8V2 and have more access to it.
Unfortunately, whoever had last programmed the panel had even changed the download code (from the default 84800000) so DL900 could not access the panel.
Luckily for me Fostiras on diysecurityforum was kind enough to remote into my panel (using a serial to TCP program) and reset all the codes to the defaults.