Can't add 5816 to Vista 20se System

Old 04-20-13, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can't add 5816 to Vista 20se System

I just replaced my old keypad with a Ademco 6160rf keypad. Installed well and sees all of the existing zones. I am using the ADT Safewatch 2000/Ademco Vista 20se. I have followed the instructions for adding new zones to the system to add a few wireless 5816 sensors, but am experiencing two problems.

1- when I enter program mode and try to create/edit any zone above 09, the system refuses to take the number.

2- I currently have four zones on. I attempted to create a zone 5 and add the wireless device to it but it doesn't give me the option of telling it device type. Instead I can choose a zone number, a zone type (entry' perimeter, etc...) a report code and finally a response time. I don't get an option for input type or serial number.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-13, 06:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 34 Posts
You cannot add wireless devices on zone numbers below 8.

What keystrokes are you entering when you are trying to enroll these new wireless devices?

Old 04-20-13, 08:00 PM
Installer code+800
Zone number, etc...

It won't allow me to choose a number over zone 9. If I press 10, 11, etc... It changes the first number back to 0.

Old 04-21-13, 08:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Did you activate the RF receiver in system programming (*22 1)?
Did you enable the keypad RF receiver and set the address to 00?

Do you have the correct installation manual for a Vista 20se? http://www.info-techs.com/ademco/fil...on/v20seii.pdf

Old 04-21-13, 02:15 PM
Thank you for that advice! Somehow I turned off RF Receiving in the panel. I used *22 1, per your suggestion and the system allowed me to program in the new sensor. I almost patted myself on the back except for a new issue.
The sensor is aligned to its magnet per instructions and dings and shows a fault when it is open. It does not reset, however, after it is closed. I tried opening and closing it multiple times but once it shows fault it does not reset. The magnet is less than a quarter inch from the sensor and is mounted on the side of the sensor with the guides on it. The magnet is mounted on the window and the sensor on the frame. Aside from deleting and then re-adding the zone, is there something else I have done wrong?

Old 04-21-13, 05:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That is indicative of using the wrong loop number for the transmitter.

For reasons that only made sense to the original Ademco engineers, Loop 2 is the loop for the built in reed switch. Loop 1 is for the external input.

Old 04-22-13, 06:12 AM
Wink

Done and Done! Once I switched to loop 2, everything came up green. I was able to install the second one in less than five minutes. I cannot thank you enough for your time and patience.