Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electronic Home Security Systems, Alarms and Devices
Reload this Page >

How to install a wireless sensor to an existing system (DSC RFK5501 PowerSeries)

How to install a wireless sensor to an existing system (DSC RFK5501 PowerSeries)

Old 06-09-13, 10:46 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I already have "DSC RFK5501 PowerSeries LCD Keypad with Wireless" installed with few hard wired and few wireless. Since few days Zone 4 hard wired stopped working. Then I tried to muck with the hard wire and it fell off. So for the next few days I was setting the alarm by disabling alarm for zone 4 by typing in *1 04 #. Few mins ago, I think I was able to disable zone 4 totally by tying in *8 [installer code] 202 4 #. I bought a Wireless Door Window Sensor which I would like to add to the Zone 4.

Can someone point me to the instructions on how to install and test the wireless contact to the zone 4?

Old 06-09-13, 12:31 PM
S
I tried enrolling the wireless sensor by *8 [install code] 804 04 2600*61 (for 2600FA). Then when I test it *8 [install code] 904 04. "4" stays on.. I think I saw red light blink once or twice.. Any ideas what I should do next....

Old 06-09-13, 12:33 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If all that happened with the hardwired contact is that the switch or magnet fell off of the door/window, then all you really need to do is re-adhere or replace the contact. There's nothing convoluted or special about these; they are just a magnetically actuated reed switch.

Also, is this the only contact on that zone? If not, then you cannot simply mix in a wireless device among existing wired devices on the same zone.

Simple test for the hardwire loop: remove the contact from the end of the wire and twist the pair of conductors together. If the zone closes, then you just need a new switch and magnet.

Old 06-09-13, 01:12 PM
S
Thanks for the response. It works now with my new wireless sensor.. I had to enable the zone 4(*8 [installer code] 202...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: