How to disarm alarm ADT

Old 04-27-13, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to disarm alarm ADT

I moved to the house equipment with ADT NT9005 alarm system with no power plug in. I have no access code or master code, because the previous owner did not give me any information. The house is power sale. When I plug in power the system is on armed. How to disarm it, and make it in program state (Ready On) so that I can program it. I want to use default installer code or ADT installer Code to reset the access code. Someone can help me? Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-13, 08:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 380 Votes on 357 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You have a DSC NT-9005 Envoy alarm system

From what I've read you need the installer code to make programming changes. It also goes on to say the system must be in a "disarmed state" to enable programming.

The alarm company could have put their own programmers code in. I don't see any way to default the system back to the default code of 5555.

Mr Ron will stop by and we'll see if he can shed any light on the issue.

Old 04-27-13, 08:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
If you don't have an arm/disarm code; you only possibility is to do a hardware default, which would delete all current programming, so you would end up starting from scratch, and have to set up all of the transmitters again.

Here's a link to the installation and user manual: AlarmHow.net Document Library

The hardware default instructions are on the bottom of page 47 of the installation manual.

Again, this means starting over from scratch...I strongly recommend you read through the install and programming instructions and decide if you want to tackle this.

Old 04-27-13, 08:31 PM
Thank your reply. My problem is when I lug in power, the siren is on. With the noise I can't try anything.

Old 04-27-13, 08:39 PM
When the system armed, it can't be programmed.

Old 04-28-13, 02:34 AM
Group Moderator
Received 380 Votes on 357 Posts
Right..... when the system is armed it can't be programmed.

Put earplugs in.
You are going to have go into the unit and short out two points. This will erase ALL the programming and you will have to start all over. At this point the alarm will be turned off.

The point is.....one you go inside the alarm panel and short out the two points..... the alarm will not work properly. You will have to go thru the programming book and make entries.

If you plan to use this alarm system with central station monitoring it may be to your benefit to call an alarm company for reprogramming.

Old 04-28-13, 10:13 AM
Thank you very much for help. If I short the two points. The system will return factory default. When I reprogram, it needs to input serial numbers of wireless detectors. But all detectors serial numbers were peel off, how to find the serial numbers? I don't want this system with central station monitor.

Old 04-28-13, 10:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The serial numbers are also on a label on the transmitter circuit board.
Gather that list before you try to make any changes.

Again, read through the programming and installer manuals, especially the sections on how to program. This isn't difficult, but it's _not_ intuitive.

Old 04-28-13, 11:00 AM
Thank you very much. I got some of them serial numbers, but I can't find how many transmitters (Zones) installed in the house. How to figure out? I only find one motion detector and one mini wireless transmitter on back door. On front door I can't find anything. Does it monitor by the motion detector?

Old 04-28-13, 03:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Unfortunately, without access to the system in normal operating mode, or any notes left by the previous owners/installers, it's pretty much an "easter egg hunt" where you have to check every door/window for wireless transmitter cases.

That's why this is a fairly expensive service call. It's very time consuming, and the only advantage a tech has on the homeowner is more education to the guessing process.

Old 04-28-13, 04:42 PM
Tank you very much. I want restore the system without front door sensor. If I open the door without alarm on, I'll buy a new transmitter to attach the door. I found a note on back of the keybus , which says 4 zones (front door, back door, motion detector and smoke). Only front door can't be found.

Old 04-30-13, 05:10 PM
I found front door's transmitter witch embedded in door's frame. The transmitter is wired or wireless? If it is a wireless, how to change batteries? If it is wired, when I setup to program, the serial number of the transmitter is not necessary, right?

Old 04-30-13, 09:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I was wondering if you might have a door transmitter of this type. Typically, this style of transmitter has to be replaced when the battery fails. If wired, then no, there would be no serial number.

Simple check: these units only have a couple of hardwire inputs, if there's no wire connected, then the device is wireless.

Old 05-01-13, 07:55 AM
I opened the terminal block and found B & Y1 are wired, which should be Zone 1, and no wire connects to G2. Is there should one wired zone? If I am right, I'll shortcut G2 & Y1 to restore the system.
If I shortcut Y1 & G2 and plug in power, the teriminal block will be on Ready status so that I can program (*-8-5555-999-new istall code-999)?

Old 05-01-13, 12:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Actually, the system not being ready to arm doesn't prevent you from entering programming.

In any case, check that door. You may only be missing the magnet...

Old 05-07-13, 06:27 PM
I restored the system to factory default. I setup time and the READY light is on. The front door is installed with a wired sensor. As make the system simple, I did not input wireless transmitter serial numbers. when I close the front door, The Trouble light is on, which indicates "1" -- low battery. As the panel is with a rechargeable battery, why it says low battery?
I set the wired zone as zone 1 and its attribute set as 01. when I alarm the system and open the door, the siren is not on, only chime on.

Last edited by mcm195860; 05-07-13 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-07-13, 08:01 PM
It's working now, I forget the exit delay time (120s default).

Old 05-07-13, 08:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Batteries don't last forever. The practical lifespan of a sealed lead-acid battery is 3-5 years. Anything longer is borrowed time (the second law of thermodynamics is still on the books). Also, with a DSC, even with a prime condition battery, you have to connect the battery before restoring AC power, otherwise the low battery will show until the next automatic battery test (which can take hours).

Also, with a hardwired zone, you don't have to change attributes, you change the zone type.