DSC rfk5501 alarm siren won't sound...

Old 05-16-13, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC rfk5501 alarm siren won't sound...

I need some assistance here. I have NO CLUE how to program/use this alarm. My wife had it installed years before I moved in and since we switched cable companies it only works with the door chime feature and not the actual alarm...

I researched a bunch of topics... Did resets etc... Cleared error codes (communication errors etc...) The control panel LOOKS like everything is a go however when I arm the system (which it allows me to) I get no siren when a door is opened.

I do not care about the system being linked to the phone/internet. I just want the siren to go off if an entry point is breached.

Help!!!

-NDG

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-13, 07:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
RFK5501 is the keypad model. It's a recent one, which means that the system is most likely a PC1616 or 1832 or 1864.

Installer manual: http://www.walkerhomesecurity.com/ho...007359r003.pdf

User manual: http://www.google.com/search?q=DSC+p...q=dsc+pc1832ck +user+manual&es_nrs=true&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&rls=com.microsoft:en-US%3AIE-Address&oq=DSC+pc+1832+user+manual&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.46471029,d.eWU&fp=b33498b739197095&biw=1301&bih=678

There are three likely possibilities:
Either you are not waiting long enough for the exit delay to time out (it runs even in "stay mode"); or the system siren has failed.

The third is that if you defaulted the system, since you have a RF receiver keypad, I'm guessing that some of your zones are wireless. If you didn't turn the wireless attribute back on the transmitters aren't connecting.