Honeywell 7845GSM

Old 05-18-13, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell 7845GSM

Hello

I have an old 7845GSM I want to sell it I have no use for it, so I contacted the old central station to release it, they told me they did , but I called alarmnet and I found out is not released so I kept calling the Central station but no success, still not released and the status green light on the unit is off which means still registered!! . My question is; Can I unregister /release the unit and make it useable for someone else by using the 7770P keypad programmer to default the unit by pressing “ESC”? or even if I do that still not release?

Thank you so much

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-13, 08:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
There is a way to change the registration of one of these units, but it's not simple or easy. Basically whoever you are trying to change the registration to has to have alarmnet release the unit.

Old 05-18-13, 09:12 PM
Thank you for your reply . Alarmnet told me I should contact the central station which I did and they never release it. So are you saying the 7770P programmer keypad not going to do any good?

Thanks

Old 05-19-13, 05:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
No. There is a PIN number that they have to supply. I _think_ that the new central station you try to set up with can do this as well, but you have to have the programmer plugged in and enter certain prompts when they direct to register it to the new account.

Old 05-19-13, 08:53 AM
You might get lucky and find a monitoring person that is able/willing to re-register it, but that is a losing bet unless they know you enough to trust you -- They are liable.