Vista-20P Issues

Old 05-21-13, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista-20P Issues

I have a vista-20p Honeywell alarm system installed in my home. Bought the house from an investor who flipped it from forclosure - needless to say I have no prior codes. I did locate the manual with the installer code (supposedly). I have followed the forum directions as best I could, but am getting no where... Any help would be appreciated.

I have unplugged the battery - there is no power supply to be found to unplug. Replugged everything in and pressed * and # together - the alarm went off until it self timed out (4 mins). Now the screen shows ALARM with 99 over it and then changes to 70 and then to 01. When 70 and 01 flash the ALARM word goes away and then to the right is "not ready" and "bat."

My installer code does not work when I attempt to input the code +8 +02 +new code +new code.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-13, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Try *, # within about 30 seconds of power up. Read up in the FAQ about getting further.

If there is a wire connected to the first two terminals and you have a meter, try metering for power (@17VAC).

The 99 is an alarm from pressing *, # outside of the necessary time to get into programming.

Old 05-21-13, 09:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
You have to remove _both_ AC power and the battery. The wall plug transformer is usually on an adjacent wall outlet to the location of the alarm control box. Sometimes it's just inside the attic access.

If you can't spot the transformer, just take the wire off of terminal 1 (being careful not to let it touch anything else) in addition to unplugging the battery. Then try the * + # within 50 seconds of reconnecting it.