New home with deactivated Safewatch Pro 2000 - how to get started?

Old 05-23-13, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question New home with deactivated Safewatch Pro 2000 - how to get started?

Hi!
We just moved into a new home. There is a Safewatch Pro 2000 installed by ADT. The keypad is completely dead or at least it does not do anything when I press the buttons. The control box is not really accessible because pipes for the A/C are directly in front of it. I can open it about 2 inches. I can see that the battery is disconnected. I connected it, but nothing happens. I can also see the phone cable hooked up, and I see the power cable running and it goes into some wall.

Can anybody provide guidance on how to get this system back working & powered up? I would like some cheap company like AlarmRelay to monitor it.

Thanks!

Ps.: I don't have any of the disarm/arm codes etc.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-13, 09:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
It's a modified Vista 20se with the partition feature disabled in firmware. (http://www.info-techs.com/ademco/fil...on/v20seii.pdf).

You also have to reconnect the ac power transformer. These will not start up on battery alone. You will need to bite the bullet and get the enclosure fully open. It's a near guarantee that you will need a new battery, as well.

If you read the sticky titled "Alarm Forum FAQ (Please read before posting) you will find the procedure to extract the installer code that you will need to set a new master arm/disarm code.

Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99
Read more: Alarm Forum FAQ (Please read before posting)

Then exit programming so you make a new user code: [installer code] + 8 + 02 + [new master code]. This needs to be done in a smooth entry. If you hesitate more than a couple of seconds between keystrokes, the new code won't take.

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz2UB5KN5HY