Replacing Ademco System with Wireless System

Old 06-04-13, 07:25 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing Ademco System with Wireless System

I recently replaced all of the windows in our house, and as a result about half of the windows no longer have alarm wires going to them for the contacts.

I am looking at removing the old Ademco Vista 20 system and switching over to a wireless systems such as this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Fortress-Wirel...s=alarm+system

Are the current wireless systems a good replacement? I looked at some of the systems with cameras, but those aren't ideal because my wife likes to keep the alarm system on when she's home, so I need to have the windows and doors monitored.

2nd question: to disable my old alarm, do I just need to disconnect at the main battery before proceeding with the decommissioning?

Old 06-04-13, 07:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
With wireless security systems, you do get what you pay for. I strongly recommend sticking with the major brands like Honeywell/Ademco; DSC; GE (Concord or Networx); 2-Gig etc.

These cheapie import systems rarely work as advertised, and the instructions are even worse than the typical for the industry.

Old 06-09-13, 01:16 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I agree! Sticking to known brands/companies will definitely give you more security. They’re far more reliable than stuff you get off Amazon.
Personally, I use Symetrix. You can try that out, too, if you want. I haven’t been disappointed since.
As for your second question, maybe you should contact Ademco for guidance.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: