NX8 zone type, please explain

Old 06-07-13, 01:43 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
NX8 zone type, please explain

The default zone 1 is programmed as type 3

3 - ENTRY/EXIT DELAY 1- A trip will start entry delay 1. The lack of a trip during exit delay will enable the
Automatic Bypass or Instant mode if so programmed.

The keypad is inside the garage, the garage to interior door is sensored.

I close the door, arm it, leave the house. So it's "lack of trip" - is it going into automatic bypass or automatic instant? I notice location 23 you can turn on automatic bypass in segment 1 and automatic instant in segment 2, what happens when both of them are on?

The other scenario is before bed I stand in the garage with doors closed, arm. Get back in and sleep. The system could think I have exited the house since the doors moved, but it should work fine as there was a trip during exit delay and the door would be armed.

Next question: for a motion sensor, does zone type 5 best for it, can someone explain in what is meant by "no entry or exist delay is being timed"? Typically you want to disable the motion sensor when sleeping right?

5 - INTERIOR FOLLOWER WITH AUTO- BYPASS ENABLED - This zone will be instant when the system is
armed and no entry or exit delay is being timed. It is delayed during entry and exit delay 1 times. This zone will
automatically bypass if enabled in Segment 1 of Location 23

Old 06-07-13, 06:05 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
While not uncommon, the keypad in the garage outside of the perimeter isn't really the best configuration. It's basically a hold-over from the days of the keyswitch arming devices.

That said: If you enable both auto-bypass, and auto-instant; if you arm the system and don't open and close an entry/exit zone, any auto-bypass zone type (5 or 18 for example) will automatically bypass and any Entry/Exit zone will become instant, with no entry delay. Please note, the _exit_ delay _always_ counts down in all modes.

This combo is really intended for arming before bed...

Old 06-08-13, 02:18 AM
D
Hi.. thanks for your explanation,
I am strongly considering drilling a small hole and putting the wire and mount the keypad inside, it would be easier to program and use.

Do you know how I can disable the unused zones 7 and 8, I know I can wire a resistor, but, if I assign them to partition 2 (via Location 26) would it make it disappear from my 1 partition system?

Old 06-08-13, 07:37 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Just put the dummy resistors on the zone input.

You _can_ delete the zones from the partition by turning them off in programming location 26, but the resistors are simpler, and it's one less step should you decide to use the zone inputs later, or split up a larger zone into a smaller one...

Old 06-08-13, 07:55 AM
D
I would think there are enough options in the alarm to compensate for this somewhat,
but because the keypad is in the garage,

When I leave I closed the door already and arm the system, no exit trip.. it triggers automatic bypass for the motion sensor. So effectively the sensor won't be working when I am not in the house.

When I go to sleep I arm the system get back in, the motion sensor is probably not bypassed due to exit trip. if I press Stay, would the motion sensor be bypassed? (not sure if doors would become instant by default)

Everything is backwards here.. I am not sure what to do. With the default of automatic bypass feature enabled currently. Havn't explore instant modes as I do not have enough understanding of it.

The wife did show preference for the keypad to stay in the garage so she can disarm it before entry. Once we add a keypad in the master bed room, things should be easier, as we turn off automatic bypass, from bedroom press the stay button to manually bypass the interior follower/motion sensor.

Old 06-08-13, 03:17 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
For the away arming, the simple fix is to open and close the door. For staying, as long as the keypad is outside, either bypass the motion, manually, or arm in stay mode.

Old 06-09-13, 01:04 PM
D
Thanks, I got it working now,
motion sensor zone type is 5
auto bypass is disabled

ARM and leave (either door or no door tripping, all zone works)
ARM and press Stay, get back in and sleep, stay mode does bypass motion sensor manually.

I don't mind doing this.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: