house alarm safewatch pro 3000

Old 06-14-13, 04:49 AM
house alarm safewatch pro 3000

I have the above alarm that only rings in house, my son gave me a new remote control and he tried to program it and it didnt work for stay set only for away what is the correct procedure to program it.
I am new at this site and having trouble getting around if any one can help would appreciate it. also if i cant get back please e mail me at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
thank you

Last edited by Gunguy45; 06-14-13 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Removed email address, not allowed and for your protection
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-13, 02:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
A "Safewatch 3000"is a slightly modified Vista 20p: http://www.alarmeengros.com/installation15P.pdf

First, in order to properly enroll any wireless device or zone programming, your system needs to have a 6160 keypad (the kind that displays actual words instead of just 2-digit zone numbers).

Each button on the keyfob has a separate zone number associated with it, and there are templates that you can use to set these up properly.

Without knowing what you already have, it's hard to suggest step-by-step programming.

Old 06-16-13, 10:50 AM
ADT Safewatch Pro Custom

I'm new to the forum; hello! I have the Safewatch Pro Custom keypads - one on the ground floor, one upstairs. I want to turn the speaker completely off on the upstairs pad. Actually I just need to eliminate the chime which sounds when the system is armed (which is unaffected by simply setting the "chime off" mode). Spoke to ADT who said a tech would have to come out. In other threads I've seen mention of a key sequence: # 2 6 for lowering the volume. Tried that, nothing happening. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you all!

Old 06-16-13, 06:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The answer to that depends on the base system. Is this a Safewatch 3000 (aka Vista 20p)? If so, it's fairly easy to make any given keypad silent.

Old 06-18-13, 08:34 AM
Thanks for responding. Yes, the manual actually says it's the "Safewatch Pro 3000EN"

Old 06-18-13, 02:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's a modified Vista 20P: http://www.alarmeengros.com/installation15P.pdf

Keypad address 16 can't be silenced, but you can change the address to one that can be silenced.

Step 1: determine the address of the keypad: press and hold 1 + 3 for a few seconds. It will display the keypad address. The best case scenario is for it to be 17. (http://site.geoarm.com/pdfs/Honeywel...tall-guide.pdf)

Step 2: Go into programming:

[installer code] + 8 + 00
*190 1 1

That keystroke sequence turns off entry/exit and arm/disarm sounds, but still allows you to use the chime function.

If the keypad isn't address 17 you may need to change the keypad address to one you can silence or do the procedure for the appropriate keypad address.

Old 06-26-13, 04:04 PM
Thank you very much MrRon! Finally had a chance to go through the information you sent. Earlier this week I did the step-by-step routine; worked like a charm! Turned out the 2nd keypad address was 18, so *191 did the trick. Now why should something this basic be considered proprietary information by ADT (or any other alarm company)? I appreciate your help!