Continued Problems With DSC Alarm, Help!

Old 06-17-13, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Continued Problems With DSC Alarm, Help!

I have a non monitored DSC model PC1550 alarm in my shop. The siren does not sound when there is an intrusion. Earlier you guys gave me two suggestions, check fuse to siren and check voltage to siren. Fuse was good. I failed to check voltage, but could hear a barely audiable sound out of the siren when I put my ear up to it. So, I purchased a new siren ( speaker), hooked it up, still noting.
I now checked the voltage, it like 1.5 volts not enough to fire up the speaker.
What do I check next to find out why the voltage to the speaker is low? I do not want to keep changing parts. Would appreciate some ideas. thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-13, 01:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
You said you got a speaker. This system either needs a 12V siren, or it needs a siren driver card between the speaker and the panel's 12vdc output.

Disconnect the siren wires at the panel terminals. Trip the alarm, do you get 12volts? If yes, then you may have bad wiring between the alarm control and the siren location or you have the wrong device connected.

Old 06-18-13, 08:46 AM
Alarm up and Working!

Thanks. Sometimes you look at a problem so long that you go brain dead and do not check an obvious option.
The speaker was an exact replacement. I went to control panel and touched the speaker wires on those terminals and it worked. Traced wired all the way to the speaker could not see any faults. Finally cut wire and stripped. wire at speaker end, hook it up and it worked.

Old 06-19-13, 10:22 PM
Search Engine Optimized Spammers Not Allowed!
I heard about setting various attributes for the DSC alarm. In my view, there are zones contained in it and you need to go into section 101 and have to set it parameters. Now apply same process for other sections(102,103,104__) also. If this works you have to make changes in all the sections of zones.Other option is disconnect all the terminals and re-connect them after sometime.