Concord 4 Wireless Motion Sensor Help Needed

Old 06-24-13, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 Wireless Motion Sensor Help Needed

About a year ago, I added a wireless motion sensor (GE 60-703-95) in my home office to my professionally installed Concord 4 system. For the first 6+ months, there weren't any problems but now, every few days or weeks, I'm getting false alarms always from this motion sensor.

At this point, it seems like the most logical/cost effective solution would be to replace the motion sensor.

From doing a bit of research, I get the impression that a dual tech sensor might be the best option. Is there a recommended model that would work best with my Concord 4?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-13, 05:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
You are pretty much stuck with the GE/UTC wireless devices, and they don't make a wireless dual tech. Usually when a motion that has been stable for months suddenly starts false tripping, I look carefully at the environment.

Usually something has changed: A ceiling fan that hadn't been running; a climate control vent redirected; a window that's gets morning or afternoon sun in that particular season; decorations that weren't there before.

Often, something as simple as moving the motion to a different corner of the room will resolve the problem (with a wireless, it's easy to relocate).

Old 06-24-13, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm fairly certain it's not an environmental trigger, as the time of day seems to vary, it doesn't seem to matter whether it's cold/warm enough for the AC/furnace, to come on, no ceiling fan, etc.

Is there a particular model you'd recommend for my system? It looks like both the 60-639-95R and 60-511-01-95 are possibilities, although it's not exactly clear to me the differences between the two.

Thanks!