remove a zone from adt system

Old 06-28-13, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
remove a zone from adt system

hi, I have an adt safewatch pro 3000 system and would like to remove a door sensor we no longer use. I have the installer code. I tried just removing the sensors from inside the door frame but the top one was wired. if I cut the wire does that solve it?? I know the zone is zone 08. please help I hate to pay $111+ to have someone come here and do this

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-13, 01:50 PM
Received 28 Votes on 22 Posts
Look in the control panel. This is likely located in a closet. Look on the wiring diagram for zone eight. There will be a wire or a resistor lead under this screw. If it is a resistor then cut the wire connected to the resistor and connect the free end of the resistor to the screw terminal on either side of the screw the resistor is connected.

If it is just a wire connected then look for the other wire in the cable and see if it connects to a resistor that is then connected to the screw on one side or the other of the zone eight screw. If this is how yours is wired then disconnect the wire from the zone eight terminal and cut the corresponding wire from the same cable from the resistor. Connect the resistor free end to the zone eight terminal screw.

This simply disconnects the loop to the door switch and the alarm panel "sees" it as if the door is always closed.