user attributes NW DSC pc1616

Old 06-29-13, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
user attributes NW DSC pc1616

dsc pc1616
RFK5501 and PK5500 alpha keypads

entered user codes for the family members.

Page 6 of the Install Guide says you can then change partition assignments and user attributes by way of

*5 [MC] 8 xx

where xx is the 2-digit user number you want to change partition assignments for

or

*5 [MC] 9 xx

where xx is the 2-digit user number for whom you want to change attributes, such as can/not bypass zones, does bell squawk when arm/disarmed, ONE TIME USE CODE, etc.

I would like to employ these options... BUT

at the 5500 alpha keypad, after entering
*5 [MC] i
it DOES NOT accept 8 or 9... if I enter either 8 or 9, nothing happens, and then if I enter another digit such as the 0 of user 01 or the 1 of user 12, all I get is the ERR BEEP.

What am I doing wrong?
Is this another typo in the manual?
I tried * as in *8 and *9 but to no avail, it just enters the area to change data for the user shown at that time of course; entering # of course jumps back out of programming.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-13, 09:35 AM
no one, not one clue, really?

I am the only one this has ever happened to?

Old 07-01-13, 06:06 PM
you may have missed something-

the correct entry is:

*5 xxxx 99 ( not 9 ) then scroll < > to the code you wanna change, then * , then scroll < > to what you want to change & press * or #

i think you put 9, not 99?

iam sure someone is going to educate you on the fact that this is not maned for you or anyone else.... and you shouldnt expect an answer right away.... IAM NOT GOING TO .

FOR REAL... iam not... iam not sure what the exact words are .... i dont care....

if this doesnt work, respond... i will check with mine at home - its an 1864, i think its all keypad, and not panel

Old 07-01-13, 07:27 PM
Superb response, sir.

Yet another factory manual typo I guess..... let me ck that Installer's Guide to the Galaxy:

Ayep, page 6, "Programming User Attributes"
"press[*] [5] followed by the Master Code or Supervisor Code. Press [9] followed by the 2-digit user to change the attributes..."

Not "99" in this IG.

I was not expecting an instant answer, but dang it's been quite a while since the first mention.

Appreciate the tip.
I try to help out others here as best I can. I too have difficulty finding time, and many questions I just can't help with. I feel I have helped others understand a few things about these systems. Cleared up some typo's and bullsnort in the manuals.