Concord 4: Using sensor group 14 for exterior door question

Old 07-02-13, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4: Using sensor group 14 for exterior door question

Using sensor group 14 for exterior door

We already have a designated exterior door (open out and so itís hard for the burg to kick in) for Entry/Exit delay door (sensor group 10), and want all other exterior doors set up as instant entry with delay exit. Iím thinking of using sensor group 14 (follower) instead of 13 (instant) for another exterior doors for exit the house in AWAY mode. Group 13 door will set off the alarm when exit the house.

Question:
1) Does group 14 work in this case? (delay when exit but instant when entry)?
2) Standard entry/exit delay is 30 seconds. Can it be programmed for shorter than 30sec?
Sapote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-13, 02:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
No, it won't work that way. If you exit through the follower zone, the system will revert to stay mode arming. You need to use an entry/exit zone and 30 seconds is the minimum setting.

Old 07-02-13, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bummer! This is what I was afraid before trying out. Here is the real situation: We have the kitchen external side door (open-out, hard for being kicked in) exit to the long driveway, which my wife and kid use most of the time to the car. I have my car parked at the end of the driveway in the back, and want to use the back door (open in), which I want to exit with delay but instant entry.

Is there a way to get what I want?
Why Concord 4 (any other brand?) does not provide a zone with delay exit/instant entry exterior door?

Thanks,
Sapote

Old 07-02-13, 08:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
The reason you won't easily find such a combination is that it's a false alarm prone combo, and because of increasing issues with local regulations that penalize repeat false alarms, security systems are designed to minimize false trips.

The DSC power series panels will allow you to program an entry delay down to 1-2 seconds, as long as it's not one of the SIA CP-01 versions. It also has entry delay 1 and entry delay 2 so you could set one set of entry/exits for different entry delay times (exit delays are always the same).

There's a couple of other brands that will allow similar, but most bottom out at 15-45 seconds on the entry.