GE SIMON XT - instant alarm zone for 2nd floor PIRs?

Old 07-07-13, 12:04 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE SIMON XT - instant alarm zone for 2nd floor PIRs?

I'd like to add a wireless PIR on the 2nd floor of my home to my Simon XT system without the typical entry door (follower ?) delay when I have the system "armed away."

Scenario I'm trying to capture:

1) System is armed away
2) Someone enters through one of my entry doors (zone 10), which starts the entry delay time. They DO NOT disarm the system
3) My main floor PIRs (zone 17) sense their motion but won't set off the alarm initially because of the entry delay period
4) Now this someone goes up to my second floor and the 2nd floor PIR senses them...I'd like the alarm and siren to now go off as soon as this 2nd floor PIR is activated (even if the entry delay hasn't expired).

Is there a way to do this? What zone should I program the PIRs to?

Thanks!

Old 07-07-13, 05:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Use group 15. It's instant interior.

Old 07-08-13, 09:40 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Zone 15 is listed as a follower too in the install manual

MrRonFL

If i am understanding the manual zone 15 is listed as Instant interior: Interior PIR motion sensor but the install manual still lists the delay type for that zone as "F" which means follower correct? Won't this have the same delay as zone 17

Thanks

Old 07-09-13, 03:13 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Looks like they set all of the interior defined zone types to be followers. You set it to be an instant zone (13) but if you have the chime on, it'll chime when you walk past it.

The simons are pretty basic panels, there's limits to the available flexibility.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: