Can Simon XT connect to LAN / the Internet? (If so, How?)

Old 08-09-13, 10:58 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can Simon XT connect to LAN / the Internet? (If so, How?)

I see an RJ45 LAN connector on the Simon XT, but cannot find info whether it is supposed to a LAN port connecting to an IP network or what.

I also see some posts here about connecting Simon XT to the Internet, but I cannot find any info on how to do it. Nothing in the installation manual and user manual, and Google, and the menu on the device.

Need help / clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-13, 05:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Data sheet: http://www.interlogix.com/_/assets/l...T_data_sht.pdf

That RJ 45 isn't an Ethernet connection. Security systems use RJ 45 jacks and plugs for the line seizure connection when using a landline. These systems can connect to internet via their GSM wireless, but it requires a subscription service.

Installer manual: http://www.aartech.ca/docs/ge/GE_Sim...ion_Manual.pdf

Old 08-14-13, 10:00 AM
A
Thanks for the info. The data sheet mentions an "optional IP module". How can I obtain this IP module? (I assume it will add IP communication capability to the unit, right? Like setting IP asdress? Spitting out events, etc?)

It also mentions 100-event buffer with time stamp. How do I look at these events? (On device screen in some menu? Or do I need the optional communication modules to send out these events.?)

Old 08-14-13, 02:12 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Not really a Simon guy, but here's what I have:

The reference to IP is via the GSM and CDMA cellular radios listed in the accessories, and I think that there is a newer IP/GSM radio for these. The vendors that sell these are the ones that get you connected and configured. It's not something you can do without 3rd party intervention.

I'm pretty sure that there's a command to view the log on the system display.

Old 08-14-13, 07:08 PM
G
Vaporware....Was in development about 7-8 years ago. Never hit the market (at least not the general public.

Only way to view the event buffer is with download software (not for the end user) or the touchscreen...