RF 100 Error Expansion Mod Failed

Old 08-15-13, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
RF 100 Error Expansion Mod Failed

Hi All,

I have a Vista 20P, 2 6270 Keypads and 1 Ademco 5881ENM RF Receiver. It looks like my previous RF Receiver was damaged by storm and I purchased a new one to fix this issue. The main PROBLEM/S I have are:
1- Once I installed and plugged the New Receiver ( I swapped old 5881 ENM with new one) the 2 keypads turn off, then the only way to keep them on is unplugging the RF Receiver, but doing so I receive the message READY TROUBLE and on the bottom Expansion Mod Failed and after 24 hours messages like Fire Trouble, etc I'll guess from my wireless smoke detector, etc
2- Do I need to input any numbers on the keypads or just swap the old RF Receiver for the new one ??
3- Check all the wires and fuse ( Vista 20P ) and everything seems to be fine.
4- If RF is not installed, I am able to keep the unit armed , However all my Glass, PIR and other Wireless Sensors ( installed mainly on my 1 Floor ) will not be working and I live in a 2 Floors Home...

Thanks so much in advance for any help !!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-13, 02:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
By what you are describing, either you your new receiver board is bad, and is crashing the system power when you connect it, or you have something wired incorrectly.

There's no special "voodoo" on these. If you match the dip switch settings to the original and wire it the same way, then it just works.